In the book of 1 Thess 5:17, Paul gave the Thessalonians a crucial instruction – pray without ceasing. He gave this instruction to them because of the inherent benefits of praying without ceasing, which he knew. In this article, I’ll share some of the benefits of praying without ceasing.
What does it mean to pray without ceasing?
Prayer means communicating with God, and without ceasing means nonstop. If we were to take that scripture literally, we would pray around the clock without stopping to eat, sleep, go to work, or do anything else except pray.
Is it possible to pray without ceasing?
Yes. Praying without ceasing is a decision one has to make. It is all about developing a lifestyle of prayer and communication so that you don’t just get up and make decisions that will eventually turn into mistakes. So, praying without ceasing is possible. If we can create the time to go about our daily activities, we can also make time for praying.
5 Bible Verses On How To Pray Without Ceasing
There are many bible verses about praying without ceasing, but here are a few of them.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Romans 12:12
- Philippians 4:6
- Matthew 6:6
- Romans 8:26
How To Pray Without Ceasing Today
Here are a few practical tips that you can imbibe if you want to pray without ceasing daily.
1. Create habits that encourage you to pray continually.
Our perspective begins to change as we consistently look to God in all things. Also, our questions change from “how to solve my problems” to “how will God display his might in my circumstance.”
Accepting this perspective means we must purpose to make prayer your number one priority every time, instead of only in times of difficulties. Also, whenever you face a challenging circumstance, let your first inclination be to go to God in prayer.
2. Look first to God and not ourselves or others.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God. God is always available and ready for us to find him, look for, and worship him in those anxiety-riddled situations we often find ourselves in.
Many people believe they control their lives, so they decide to do things their way, but they have refused to seek God’s face.
Many Christians pray but without faith in hearing from God or being answered. Millions of prayer points are sent to heaven daily. God being great happens to hear almost everyone’s prayer, but the answer to the prayer is at his own time.
3. Give up the belief that we control our lives.
Letting go of control can help you feel relief. The need to control our life is what we inherently want. We must realize that we can never control everything trying to do that leads to many bad encounters.
Allow God to come first in your life and allow him to guide you through each day. He will lead you to victory in every battle as you hearken unto his voice and obey his commandments.
What are the benefits of praying without ceasing?
- Prayer helps you to develop a relationship with God. It allows you to develop a relationship with God. The closeness we feel when we see our parents after a long time apart is the same feeling God wants us to feel when communicating with him in prayer.
- It helps you get answers to life’s most challenging questions and challenges.
- Prayer gives the strength to avoid temptation. An intense prayer with faith can break the wall that prevents you from doing the right thing or going the right way. In essence, you will escape the shackles of the devil’s temptations. Prayer gives us the power and boldness to overcome the devil with his traps of demonic things.
- You’ll become spiritually active. Praying and fasting are praying, fasting, praising, and worshipping God. It results in being spiritually active and hearing God’s voice directly, and it opens a gateway to visions of God’s will for your life.
- Praying invites the Holy Spirit into your life. It is a sign of God’s presence in your life and his significant grace written all over you. Praying attracts the Holy Spirit, who intercedes for us before God with groans that cannot be uttered. Praying opens your heart to God and creates a space for the Holy Spirit to dwell and work wonders in you and through you.
The benefits of praying without ceasing are endless and will benefit you in the long run. If you want the devil to have the center stage in your life, you should stop praying. But if you don’t want him to attack you, pray ceaselessly and have a relationship with God.